Friday, April 27, 2007

The funniest thing...

You probably have to know some of these people for this to be that funny.

Imagine a young 21 year old Seth, freshly married and sitting at an engagement party for his new sister-in- law at her parents house. She was going to get married in a few weeks. There were about 20 or so people in a room. Some I knew very well because I grew up with them in church. The others, I knew somewhat. I stood up and walked into the kitchen right about the time that someone started questioning Jane Anne's little sister about life at Virginia Tech in the Corps of Cadets. I got my drink and returned to sit next to my bride of four months. In my absence, the talk had turned to the formal gatherings of the military. Particularly, one guy was asking Jane Anne's sister about the formal dances they have and it came up that these dances are called by different names. I sat down and immediately a girl I had known for years looked at me and said, "Seth what do you call your balls?"

---------crickets chirping----------
---------dumbfounded look on my face----------
---------looking at Jane Anne, she looks back with an expectant look on her face-----
---------everyone stares at me waiting for an answer----------


"Uh... ummmm... that's a little personal, don't cha think?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work.

Tessa
Soldiers Angels

Anonymous said...

Seth,
I have thought about that incident so many times in the past 11 years. And every time it makes me laugh so hard. I think John has heard me tell it to him many times too. It still cracks me up, the look on your face when you said it was personal.

love,
Carrie

matt said...

Did the US Army clear this post!?!?

Beware, they are now watching