Friday, May 04, 2007

In My Hand

In my hand are five copies of my orders telling me that I am out of the Army as of 15 September 2007; 10 years to the day after I entered the Army. I have enough leave to where I will be signing out in July to move to...

who knows?

Now that the hurdle of getting out of the Army is (mostly) over, I need to find a job.

The things that JA and I are taking into serious consideration:

Location
Benefits (health insurance)
Company reputation
Advancement opportunity
Pay



We still have not decided where we want to live. Its difficult. We LOVE being where we are now. And we definitely do not want to leave our friends here. We also do not want to be too far away from our families. Not TOO close either. Unfortunately, there is about 2,600 miles between where we are and where our families are.

Next week I will be at a conference in Atlanta interviewing. I will definitely update from there to tell the one random person who reads this how it went.

3 comments:

Carmom said...

You'd be surprised how many people actually read your blog. And on a regular basis. You could always put up a ticker to find out.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm random, because I read your blog. Interesting because we got our orders on Thursday. Of course they are a little different than yours....but ours and yours are still exciting....
Carrie

Anonymous said...

I read your blog too! Good luck on the interview!

Teresa
Soldiers Angels