Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thankful Thursdays



Jane Anne does this on Thursdays and I figured its probably not a bad idea.

What I am thankful for:
1) Army friends. I had the privilege of promoting yet another one of my former lieutenants to captain today. I also got to see a lot of the soldiers i worked with when I was a commander. It was good to see them all.

2) Little kids. Finally had our first T-Ball game tonight. The kids were great! It was lots of fun. Afterwards, I chased my boys and a couple other random kids around the playground. I don't know if it looks odd for a full grown man to be jumping off the jungle gym trying to "get" kids, but it was fun. Oh- and I am definitely not as young as I used to be.

3) Having no clue about the future. I have no idea where I will be living 30 days from now. And I am ok with that. I don't know whom I will be working for. But I do know that I will be taken care of, my family will follow me, and we will have fun together.

4) My two year old that cannot make the "TR" sound, but instead replaces it with the "F" sound. And the kid talks about my "truck" ALL THE TIME! "Daddy truck" or "I wanna Truck". Its just too funny to be embarrassed about it.

5) Ultrasounds. More on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

"F" for "TR" is too funny to be embarrassed about EXCEPT when Thomas gets excited seeing trucks out the window of a restaurant! You looked a bit embarrassed when he was saying truck over and over in his excited, loud 2 year old voice!!